When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, process, and deliver over 90,000 different products to our Ace stores? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like
you to, because together we help our customers take care of their homes.
We are now hiring Class A CDL Drivers.
$5,000 signing bonus!
Ace drivers are an important part of our business providing our Ace retailers with exceptional service, professionalism, reliability and safety. From the warehouse to the road to our Ace stores, the role of a truck driver is imperative in keeping the shelves stocked and our customers happy. It's what our customers expect.
At Ace, you’ll enjoy:
• Being home most nights–more than 75% of our routes are one-day routes.
• Competitive pay-average 1st year salary is $63,000!
• Congestion pay (New York City & Washington, D.C.)
• Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
• 401(k) match and profit sharing
• Generous paid time off
• All the benefits of a private fleet
• OTR opportunities and local opportunities
• Day & night driving opportunities
• A friendly work environment
• Newer, well-maintained tractors and equipment
• Minimum of 1 year Class A CDL tractor-trailer on road driving experience, including comparable experience with large military vehicles.
• Experience operating Class A tractor-trailers in all weather conditions.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must have a valid CDL with hazardous material endorsement or 90 days to obtain.
• Must meet the physical qualification requirement established for the USDOT (Part 391, Subpart E).
• Must pass DOT drug screen and be enrolled in a random drug screen program.
• No positive test for illegal drugs for any test conducted per the rules and regulations of the USDOT.
• No DOT chargeable accidents within the previous 3 years.